Get the best for your
What is pet insurance?
Pet insurance can help your pet get the very best veterinary care available when they need it, by reducing the financial burden of unexpected medical costs due to illness or injuries. Plus, preventative wellness options could help you stay ahead of any potential issues altogether.
Why Pet Insurance?
- One in three pets needs unexpected veterinary care every year.1
- The cost of veterinary care has more than doubled in the past decade.2
- Veterinary medicine is advancing with more specialists and treatment options available.
- Every six seconds a pet parent is handed a bill for more than $3,000.3
Choose what’s right for you and your pet.
We have two policy options to choose from offering coverage for accidents, illnesses and routine wellness. Plus, you can select the right reimbursement payout, deductible and annual maximum for your needs and budget.
Accident & Illness
- Accidental injuries (including to permanent teeth)
- Euthanasia or anesthesia
- Cremation and burial expenses
- Ingestion of a foreign object (up to two treatments max. per policy year)
- Accidental death
- Illnesses (including cancer, influenza and kennel cough)
- Alternative medicine
- Behavioral therapy
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
Accident, Illness & Wellness Policy
Everything covered under the Accident & Illness policy, plus fixed payment amounts for the following (not subject to deductible and annual maximum):
- Wellness exams
- Intestinal deworming
- Routine dental cleaning
- Flea and tick prevention
- Heartworm tests and medication
- Dietary food and supplements
- Prescription medications
- Boosters and vaccinations
1American Pet Products Association, 2018.
2American Veterinary Medical Association, 2019.
Pre-existing conditions are not covered. Waiting periods, deductibles, benefit limits and exclusions may apply. For policy terms, limitations, and conditions, please visit Safeco.com/pet. Wellness coverage reimbursements are based on a schedule. Products, rates, and discounts may vary by state and are subject to change. Products are underwritten by Safeco Insurance Company of America and/or its affiliates, with their principal place of business at 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 and administered by Companion Protect Agency, LLC.