Director, Corp. Communications
Kinecta Federal Credit Union Announces 2012 Scholarship Recipients
$16,000 Awarded to Help Students Attain Academic Goals
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif., June 06, 2012 – Kinecta Federal Credit has announced the winners of the 2012 Kinecta Scholarship Program. Eight students were awarded $2,000 each to assist with their college needs. Scholarship recipients were selected based on their essay responses, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, volunteerism, and commitment to their communities.
“This group of Kinecta scholars is particularly impressive,” said Keith Sultemeier, Kinecta President and CEO. “They are accomplished, confident and humble. Kinecta is proud to support the financial well-being of our members, and our Scholarship Program is one more way we demonstrate this commitment. We congratulate this year’s winners and wish them continued success.”
The 2012 Kinecta Scholarship recipients are:
- Ariana Diaz, St.Lucy's Priory High School, Upland –Chapman University
- Maciel Gonzalez, Leuzinger High School, Gardena –UCLA
- Akshay Kohli, West Hills –Emory University
- Brianna Loo, South Pasadena High School, Yale University
- Emily Lowe, Palos Verdes –Harvard University
- Kai Ridenoure, Marshall Fundamental High School, Pasadena –UC Berkeley
- Jessica Schlarbaum, Canyon High School, Anaheim –UC Davis
- Kyle Tejada, Ruben S. Ayala High School, Chino Hills –California Institute of Technology
Applicants were required to be 24 years old or younger; applying, accepted or currently attending an accredited college or university as a full-time student; and a Kinecta member in good standing.
About Kinecta Federal Credit Union – Kinecta Federal Credit Union (kinecta.org) is one of the nation’s largest credit unions, with approximately $3.12 billion in assets; 22 branches; four retail mortgage centers; 44 Nix customer service centers and 12 Kinecta branches at Nix locations; and over 230,000 members nationwide. Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, Calif., Kinecta was founded to serve employees of Hughes Aircraft Company and now serves employees from Boeing Satellite Systems, Raytheon Systems Company, DirecTV and other select employer groups. Kinecta offers its members a full range of financial products through the Credit Union and its subsidiaries, Kinecta Financial & Insurance Services, Apollo Insurance Services, Inc., and Kinecta Alternative Financial Solutions, dba Nix Financial (MyNixFinancial.com).